I am a member of Recipe club for food bloggers on Facebook. Every month we are assigned to another blogger to recreate a recipe on their food blog. This month I can pick out one of the great recipes of Sarah Schwarz.
Sarah has a great site with gluten-free, mostly dairy-free recipes that anyone can enjoy making at home. Mostly healthy, however always tasty. Many, many combinations of chocolate and peanut butter and she also love to cook with kids!
check out Sarah’s food blog: http://cookathome.info
I wanted to make a banana bread for so long, so the choice was easy for me to recreate this recipe!
- 1 3/4 cup sifted flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter (or shortening for dairy-free)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx 2-3 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift the flour with the other dry ingredients.
- Cream butter/shortening, add sugar gradually and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternatively with the bananas, beating well after each addition until smooth.
- Turn into a prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately 30-35 mins.
Enjoy this lovely Banana Bread!