Pesto! or also called pesto alla genovese, cause the sauce originating in Genoa, Italy. It traditionally consists of crushed garlic, European pine nuts, coarse salt, basil leaves, Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan cheese) and Pecorino sardo(cheese made from sheep’s milk), all blended with olive oil.
Yes please.. I just like pesto in dishes, as spread on my bread and in many sauces. I use it the most in my mostly weekly pasta pesto dish, just love the taste and the color is great too off course. This is my version of the Pesto:
- 2 gloves garlic
- 50 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. Roasted pine nuts
- Bunch of basil
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the pine nuts and cool down.
- Mix in the kitchen machine, the garlic, Parmesan and pine nuts to crumb.
- Add the basil, pepper & salt crumb some more.
- Then poor in the olive oil slowly to the mixture till it get the right thickness of your liking.
If you want to make a bash and store it. You can by preserve it in a weck pot and poor a little extra olive oil on top, this will make your pesto last up to a week in the refrigerator. But can also be frozen for later use.