Never can’t get enough of Ribs, especially on the grill off course! When your relaxing and grilling you just need a nice drink. My to go to is a good cold Jack&Coke. So came to the idea to mix best of both worlds; Ribs with Jack&Coke flavor! I just made my bbq sauce and add Jack&Coke, only need to get the alcohol reduced and the flavor sticks.
- Ribs (pre cooked)
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels
- 1 cup coke
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Paprika powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the butter and when the butter is melted add garlic and red chili flakes. Cook for about a minute to allow garlic to soften.
- Add the Jack Daniels and bring heat to medium / high – boil until you reduce the whiskey by about a quarter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and turn the heat down and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes
- Pour some of the marinade over ribs and let sit for about an hour so your ribs get to room temperature while soaking in some flavor. Reserve some of the marinade so you can baste on a little more when finished cooking. *This is a generous portion of marinade so you may even have some leftover!
- Grill your ribs on the BBQ .
- Baste a little more sauce before serving if you want.