Yes it’s true, alcohol and food combines really good 😛 So this no bake cheesecake is inspired on the cocktail Cosmopolitan. Also this cake I can call my classic cheesecake, I make this every year when I celebrate my birthday and sometimes on my wife’s birthday as well cause our friends will ask for it 🙂 Since one cake isn’t enough mostly you will see more cakes with other flavors based on this recipe I created and is fun to try out!
- 1 box Bastogne cookies
- 100 gr. Butter
- 800 gr creamcheese
- 80 gr sugar
- 50 ml Vodka/Tequila
- 2 Tbs Cointreau/Triple sec
- 2 limes. Juice en zest
- 150 gr. cranberry compote
- 10 gelatin leaves
- Whipped cream
- Shred the Bastogne cookies in food processor, add the soft butter. Fold the mixture evenly over the bottom of the cake bottem and put in the freezer/fridge. don’t forget to butter your spring.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, vodka and Triple sec with lime juice and zest.
- Soak the gelatin leaves 5 minutes in cold water, heat the cranberry compote and stir in the gelatin leaves to one whole, let cool somewhat.
- Spatula both mixtures together gently and scoop the whole on the cake bottom. Smooth the top and allow the cheesecake at least 2 hours before serving in the fridge.