This is just my all time favorite soup, I made my own roux for this soup,this is very simple to make yourself with only butter and flower. There are two ways to make roux;
- 1. Cook the roux, let it cool. Then when your soup is finished en is on the boil, you can add the cold roux now piece by piece to and let it simmer to create the thickness to your liking, this is what i usually do when making soup.
- 2. You can make the roux then add cold water/broth and get your flavors in get it to the boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes you will see the sauce get thicker. I use this method only for sauces cause with soups you would like to get all the flavors of your fruited minced onion, garlic, herbs before you add the broth.
- 800 gr. mushrooms
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 onion
- 2L. chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 250 ml. cream
- salt & pepper
- 100 gr. butter
- 120 gr. flour
- I start with making the roux, melt the butter, make sure the butter is hot and do not let it turn brown. Then add the flour and whisk till it is cooked. you want the roux at the point you can form a ball from it. Then let it cool.
- heat up the pan with the oil, fruit the diced onions.
- bake the mushrooms
- add the chopped chives, save a little for garnish.
- add the chicken stock
- add the cream, salt and pepper
- Get the soup to boil, add the roux and turn down the heat and let it simmer. Keep whisking, if you do not whisk enough it will burn on the bottom. You will see the soup get thicker.
- Taste the soup, maybe it need some extra salt and pepper to taste.