Moules au curry, a french classic! My father in law had eaten this on his trip in France long time ago, he told me that were the best mussels he ever had. Now he didn’t know the recipe and it was guessing to the ingredients. I think I came close with this recipe since when it is time to eat mussels, he ask for the curry steamed mussels 😀
- 2 kg mussels
- 1 leak
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 ml white wine
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 3-4 tbsp. curry powder
- Wash the mussels, throw away the broken mussels.
- Chop the garlic, leak, onions and leak.
- Saute the garlic and vegetables in heated butter.
- Then pour the white wine in and let it simmer a minute.
- add your mussels, put the lid on and allow to steam till they fully open, mostly 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cream and curry powder and let it cook for 1-2 minutes, hustle the pot to let the sauce get to all the mussels and serve.