I adjusted the original recipe a little, cause I couldn’t find unsweetened vanilla coconut milk, so i needed to add a vanilla bean to the recipe. Also i reduced the number of eggs and quantity of milk, i just did not needed that volume for 4 slices of bread.
This is another recipe of the Food bloggers Recipe Club, the recipe exchange with another fantastic bloggers. The blogger I was assigned to this month is Jaime of FizlDizl, who has an amazing Feed Me category, no problem to find good recipes!
- 1 loaf of your favorite artisan bread, i used a muesli-nut bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of unsweetened Coconut milk, i used coconut almond milk.
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter
- Slice your bread into even slices.
- Crack all 3 eggs into a shallow dish.
- Whisk the salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- whisk in the milk.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to medium heat and melt the butter.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and place on the hot griddle.
- Grill each side until golden brown, just a few minutes per side.
Top the french toast with your favorite fruits, butter and/or some maple syrup.