Paella is a Valencian (Spain) word , which derives from the old french word for pan. After getting very popular and spread out over the whole Spain, in 1840 a local Spanish newspaper first used the word paella to refer to the recipe rather than the pan.
There are 3 ways to make Paella,
- with meats; chicken,rabbit,duck(optional), snails(optional), chorizo(optional)
- with fish; cod, lobster,shrimps.
- mixed; meats and seafood.
Over the years there are many ways Paella is made. You can’t go wrong as long as the main ingredients are in the dish. You need Risotto rice(short-grain rice), broth(chicken or fish), vegetables, saffron, then add meat or/and fish to your liking.
The Culinary Taste Homemade Paella:
Ingredients for 2:
- 125 gr. Risotto rice
- 125 gr. chicken
- 125 gr. shrimps
- 0.5 L. Fish broth
- 2 tsp. saffron
- drizzle olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tomato
- 1 Paprika
- 75 gr. butter beans
- Cut your veggies, meat and prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Heat up the fish broth in a sauce pan and add the saffron.
- Heat up olive oil wok pan on medium heat.
- Cook the chicken 3-5 minutes.
- Add and stir fry the veggies for another 2 minutes.
- Add the Risotto rice, stir for another minute before you add the fish broth. The broth need to be covering the ingredients.
- Once you have added the broth place the shrimps on top, turn down the heat to low-medium and let cook for 8-12 minutes till all the broth is absorbed. The rice and fish is now cooked.
- Finish the dish of with the parsley and slices of lemon.