Thanksgiving sides! What else you gonna do when your Turkey is roasting in the oven, right When you buy a turkey there are mostly guts (insides) with it if not ask for them! Don’t need to throw them away cause you can use them for rich turkey flavor in the gravy.
- 2-3 big onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- Splash of red wine or Port
- 3 tbsp. Flower
- 1L Chicken broth
- Slice up the celery, carrots and onions in four. Get them in the oven tray.
- Add the giblets to the tray.
- The turkey will placed on top and goes into the oven till the turkey is done.
- When the turkey is done there will be roasted veggies with leftover juices of the melted butter and turkey, place the tray on medium-high heat and add the red wine/Port. Cook for couple of minutes to let the alcohol evaporate. Scrape everything that sticks on to the oven tray into the juices for max flavor.
- Add the flower, and stir. This going to thicken the gravy.
- Then it is time to add the chicken broth, bring it to the boil and then let it simmer till reduced to ¼ in size.
- Sift the gravy, and reduce some more if you like or just heat up when the turkey is served.
Result: rich flavored Turkey gravy!